Head of Neighbourhoods and Housing
Salary: £46,350 per annum (plus £3,500 for London Weighting, if applicable)
Closing date: 30/03/2017 Location: Flexible
Locality is the national network of ambitious and enterprising community-led organisations, working together to help neighbourhoods thrive. We support organisations and individuals to make a positive, lasting difference to their communities – and the people who live in them.
On behalf of the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) we deliver a multi-million pound Neighbourhood Planning and Community Right to Build programme. We are developing our work with Community-Led Housing and run a number of smaller programmes to support communities develop housing to meet local need.
Over the past 5 years both Neighbourhood Planning and Housing have become really important areas of our work. We are committed to ensure that communities are supported to achieve their ambitions in the most effective and accessible way.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who will continue to develop this important area of work.
As Head of Neighbourhoods and Housing you will:
- Oversee the delivery of a complex multi-million pound contract
- Raise Locality’s profile arena of Housing & Planning
- Manage and develop complex relationships with Funders and Government
- Secure new income to develop further work in Housing and Planning
- Support Locality’s work helping communities to transform and develop their neighbourhoods
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation
You will need:
- The ability to inspire and motivate people
- The ability to identify and develop new opportunities and secure new contracts
- Experience of working at senior level and managing complex programmes
- Excellent financial management skills
- An ability to contribute to strategic planning
How to apply
Download and read our candidate pack thoroughly before applying.
Candidates should complete the application form and the diversity monitoring form available below.
Please email your completed application to:
Any enquiries regarding the position can be directed to Alison Hunt, HR Support Officer, t: 020 7336 9404 | e:
The recruitment process and key dates
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on Thursday 30 March 2017
Assessment Centre: Monday 10 April or Tuesday 11 April (please state availability in your covering email).
Interviews: Monday 24 April in London
Please let us know if you have any access requirements so we can make appropriate adjustments for you to attend an interview.