Join Locality’s Energy Action Group
The Locality Energy Action Group is helping Locality members around the country make significant savings on their energy bills.
As well as helping save money on energy costs, the Energy Action Group (EAG) helps you reduce your energy consumption and also sorts out and simplifies the administrative processes.
Goodwin Development Trust
When Goodwin Trust engaged with the EAG they were struggling under the weight of almost 50 separate supplies and a shrinking budget to manage the demanding and detailed work of renewing energy contracts.
Within a short space of time, the EAG was able to simplify the administrative process, allowing Goodwin to replace their contracts with cost effective short-term contracts.
In the first 8 months of this project, the EAG has saved Goodwin Development Trust an impressive £40,000 to date.
The energy basket
The EAG’s first ‘energy basket’ saw 120 organisations pooling all their energy consumption (approximately some 33 million kWh) to negotiate cheaper energy prices.
Some of those members who benefited:
- Bradford Trident – bills were reduced from £36,000 to £18,000 per annum
- The Burton Street Foundation – improved its unit price for electricity with expected savings of £30,000 per annum
- Dallow Development Trust – saved £1,437 per annum
- Bootstrap Company – saved £14,467 per annum
- The Finsbury Park Trust – saved £2,674 per annum
- Manor House Development Trust – saved £3,190 per annum
- St Werburgh’s – saved £2,304 per annum
For the full story on Goodwin and the energy basket, plus more news and info read the Locality Energy Action Group newsletter Jan 14
To get involved or for more information email or phone 02920 190260
Visit the Energy Action Group website.