Social Enterprise Support in Calderdale
Locality is delivering FREE support and events for social enterprises in Calderdale District, on behalf of Calderdale Council, until March 2013.
The support we can offer you
- Business plan review and one to one support with a SFEDI accredited adviser
- Organisational reviews and business diagnostics
- Support for employees from statutory services wishing to start a social enterprise
- Tailored events programme
- Organised visits to successful social enterprises
How can you get involved in the programme?
- If you need to know more about social enterprises, and access resources visit the Calderdale Social Enterprise Support webpage
- If you need some one to one support regarding a social enterprise idea, email Sophie at for an appointment
- If you would like some training around a specific theme e.g. marketing, governance, asset transfer, contract bidding, new models of finance etc…, email sophie at with ‘training needs’ in the subject title
- If you would like to visit a social enterprise in a specific sector e.g. community cafe, manufacturing, healthcare, housing etc…, email Sophie at with ‘visit needs’ in the subject title
Please note: Availability of each support element is dependent on demand, time and budget constraints.
Other sources of support
- For constitutions, policies and procedures contact Voluntary Action Calderdale
- For all training and events for social enterprises, please see the Calder Hub
How to contact us
To find out more and to get involved contact:
Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax (two days a week)
Direct: 01422 399 412