Making devolution work for people and communities
In partnership with NAVCA, we have published Devolution for People and Communities, a paper outlining a set of key principles which should underpin devolution.
Read more about our devolution policy.
Key principles of devolution:
1. Creating a social economy.
2. Representation of the voluntary and community sector within new leadership structures.
3. Ensuring accountability through effective community engagement.
4. Decisions taken at the most local level appropriate.
5. Working with local organisations to transform public services.
- Making devolution work for people & communities (PDF, 1.11 MB)