1. The Helpline is a free telephone helpline service provided by Locality’s legal partner Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP (“Anthony Collins”). Anthony Collins’ specialist Social Business and Charities teams have particular expertise that may help you. The Helpline is only available to Locality members (“you”) for queries concerning the law of England and Wales.
2. The Helpline is open to take calls between 9.30am and 5.00pm on all weekdays, except bank holidays.
3. The purpose of the Helpline is to give general assistance based only on the background information that you provide during a call, to help you to identify areas where further work or professional advice may be required. The duration of each call to the Helpline is limited to approximately 15 minutes although this may be extended at our discretion.
4. Information is given by telephone only and not in writing. Documents (including letters and other written communications) cannot be considered, drafted or amended.
5. Where formal legal advice is required you may be referred to a lawyer at Anthony Collins, but you are under no obligation to use Anthony Collins for further formal legal advice.
6. The Helpline is provided on the basis that usage will be fair and reasonable. Locality and Anthony Collins may limit or withdraw use of the Helpline at their discretion at any time without notice, for example if an excessive number of calls are made by a particular Locality member.
7. Locality and Anthony Collins will do all they reasonably can to assist you during any call, but they do not assume a “duty of care” towards you in relation to any call and no solicitor and client relationship between you and Anthony Collins will be established simply by virtue of you calling the helpline.
8. Locality and Anthony Collins shall use reasonable care and skill in relation to the Helpline, but you should not rely on the assistance given as a substitute for specific legal advice based on a full understanding of the facts, issues and circumstances involved. Neither Locality nor Anthony Collins warrant or represent that assistance provided via the Helpline will be comprehensive or complete.