We’re looking for an enthusiastic, constructive and self-motivated person who is an excellent communicator both in person and over the phone or email.
We expect the applicant to meet most of the essentials listed here, and some of the desirable. Nobody meets everything! We have no specific education requirements, and experience can be in a paid or unpaid context.
- Experience managing impactful (group/organisation) social media accounts
- Experience writing and distributing engaging newsletters and/or website copy (e.g. blog posts)
- Experience with CMS and web management systems such as WordPress
- Strong administrative & organisational skills
- Experience with training or supporting others in delivering effective communications
- Experience organising and running events, particularly training and/or networking
- Commitment to CAG Oxfordshire values (see above)
- Proven ability to work effectively without supervision
- Proven ability to work collectively, as part of a team
- Willing to work evenings and weekends where required
- Experience contributing to strategic and/or business planning
- Experience writing reports to funders
- Experience producing simple video content for social media
- Working on climate action or related environmental issues
About the role
The purpose of the role is to coordinate CAG Oxfordshire’s communications, building the profile of the Network and individual community action groups, and engaging a wide range of people in community-led social change. The role will increase the impact of the community action groups in our network and build the sustainability of our network as a whole.
Reporting to the Lead Coordinator and working closely with all CAG Oxfordshire staff you will lead on delivery of goal 5 our current strategy: To communicate that a more sustainable and just future is possible, focusing on the activities of Community Action Groups and the network.
The role will also contribute to other areas of CAG Oxfordshire’s work, including supporting training and education and direct group support
How to apply
Find out more about CAG Oxfordshire on our website
Download the recruitment pack (PDF)
Fill in the 2-part application form (docx)
Return the forms to Henry at email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Monday 2nd March 2020
Interview dates: 9am-8pm on 12th March at Makespace Oxford
The successful candidate will be selected purely on the basis of how well they fit the person specification, as judged by their application materials and their interview performance.
We encourage applications from women; black, Asian and minority ethnic people; people who identify as having a disability; people from the LGBT+ community; people from working class backgrounds.
Please let us know if you have any access requirements so we can make appropriate adjustments for you to attend an interview.