Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 4 January 2019
Reporting to the Welfare and Employment Solicitor, this new role will provide advice and assistance to service users who face crises in housing, welfare and/or benefits. Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years’ experience providing ‘client-facing’ advice and support in social and/or public welfare, housing and/or benefits.
- Be an effective and inclusive communicator with experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Demonstrate their ability to analyse, interpret and share complex information, including financial data.
- Have experience of liaising with other agencies, making referrals where appropriate and keeping accurate casework records.
- Be able to conduct welfare benefits appeals in the First Tier Tribunal.
How to apply
To apply for the role, please download and follow the instructions on the following recruitment pack: Law Centre Crisis Navigator Recruitment Pack
We value diversity and warmly welcome applications from disabled people, the LGBT+ community and people from ethnic minority backgrounds.
All applicants are requested to return an Equality Monitoring Form with their application.