This is an exciting opportunity to work with community organisations, Local Authorities and other organisations, delivering high quality support and business advice. As part of Locality your work will inform how we work with community organisations right across the country, influencing campaigns and promoting community power.
The duties include
- Providing high quality business support to community based organisations and other stakeholders; including business planning and feasibility, community business start up advice, governance and legal structures and access to funding.
- Helping deliver Locality’s aims by generating new business and income: though securing tenders, funding bids & building relationships with clients.
- Helping deliver programmes in your region through analysis, research, events, communications, producing reports and case studies.
- Supporting our membership team by engaging with members, listening to their needs and utilising their experience, skills and knowledge.
- We are looking for someone who has experience of working in a key role within or providing support to businesses and/ or community organisations.
- You will have gained skills, knowledge and confidence which will enable you to develop and deliver credible advice to community businesses and organisations.
- You will recognise the contribution that community organisations can make and be passionate about to supporting them to develop.
- You will have experience of meeting financial and other targets and, ideally you will have experience of winning contracts and funding bids.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, digital and in person, with the ability to contribute to excellent events and produce impactful reports, with a good level of financial literacy, organisational, and ‘self-management’ skills.
The post is full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements then we are happy to discuss.
Locality has recently been awarded Investors In People Gold accreditation. This comment from our recent staff survey summed up the feedback received: “great leadership, intelligent proactive colleagues, inspiring members and trust and flexibility to do the job”.
This post will be focussed on London (although work elsewhere may also be required).
Our commitment to diversity
The sector in which Locality works is often dominated by people from White British and/or people with privileged backgrounds. For this post we are keen to see applications from people who have lived experience of living and or working in, and with good understanding of communities/organisations that reflect the strengths and diversity of the Capital
We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our organisation, such as disabled people and people from Black, Asian and minoritised ethnic communities. Where we have candidates of equal merit, we will prioritise selection and appointment of people who are from such backgrounds.
How to apply
We strongly encourage you to:
- Look carefully at our website and find out about our work and our projects
- Visit our Why you should work at Locality page
- Read a week in the life of a Development Officer.
If you would like an informal chat about the role contact Dave Ahlquist (Development Manager) on 07818 570184 – please text first in order to arrange a suitable time.
Applications are submitted through the Be Applied platform. You will be asked to complete some eligibility questions, some questions about your capability to do the role (the word limit for your answers is 250), and to upload your CV. The platform allows you to save your progress and return to it later.
Longlisted candidates will be invited to online Interviews on Monday 5th July.
We will also offer interview coaching to shortlisted candidates.
Final interviews are scheduled for Thursday 15th July 2021. You will need to have access to a computer with a camera and microphone and internet access. If you have any queries on the application process – please email Sheila on email@example.com