I’m really grateful to Locality for bringing together such a strong team to develop this project. I can’t imagine how we would have achieved anything like as much without you [Locality].
- St Margaret’s House
We have two Development Officer roles focussing on the North West (particularly Merseyside) and the north of England (particularly South Yorkshire). Successful applicants should be based within easy travel distance of these areas.
About the role
Both roles involve:
- Delivering high-quality business support on a one to one basis, and through training and workshops, to community organisations and other stakeholders (including Local Authorities)
- Supporting efforts to build a strong pipeline of consultancy opportunities
- Developing external relationships including partnerships and alliances
- Supporting the process of responding to tenders for contracts and funding bids to build earned income for the organisation
- Supporting a wide range of our programmes including undertaking in-depth grants assessments and providing keyworker support
- Working closely with our engagement team to support high-quality local events
*Depending on the quality and experience of applicants we may recruit to either a senior officer role (around £35K) or a manager role (around £41K). These are similar to the above role but delivering at a higher level, supervising the work of others and with a higher income target. If you might be interested in this – apply as normal and indicate on your CV if you are only interested in one of the higher-level roles.
Over the years Locality has become the first point of call for advice, help and support.
- Locality member
The type of experience we are looking for is:
· Provision of business advice and training to community organisations, charities or social enterprises in some of the following areas: business planning, feasibility studies, finance, governance structures, funding and investment sources, social impact measurement, community assets (land and property)
· Supporting the process of tendering for consultancy opportunities including bid writing and attending interviews
You should also have the following:
· A good understanding of the challenges and opportunities for community organisations (e.g. community enterprise, community asset development, community contracting, localism etc)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong financial literacy – for assessing and developing budgets, business plans, etc.
· Ability to self-start and motivate and to work independently or as part of a team as appropriate
We are particularly interested in people from diverse backgrounds who can help us work with, reflect and build our diverse audiences.
We expect the roles to be full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements, just let us know.
How to apply
This role is now closed.
Thank you for your interest.
Interviews are scheduled for 27 September 2019.