You know when you have a problem, an inquiry, or just need to talk there is always someone there to listen, advise, or point you in the right direction.
- Locality member
We’re passionate about delivering our mission and we’re focused on doing so with a dynamic team of diverse and enthusiastic people. We’re currently looking for an experienced Digital Marketing and Social Media Officer who can hit the ground running, to join our busy and friendly team. Could this be you?
The role is responsible for delivering social media and digital marketing and communications in a fast-paced and exciting environment. You’ll be looking after all social media channels and e-communication across the Locality and My Community brands, and any associated sub brands. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all our social media accounts and social media advertising
- Managing the annual content marketing plan and calendar
- Coordinating content for and delivering e-newsletters including list management
- Other marketing and communications support
This is an important role within the organisation with plenty of opportunities to use as well as expand your experience.
What you need for this job
The type of experience we are looking for is:
- Substantial marketing and communications experience in a fast-paced professional working environment, ideally in the third sector
- Knowledge and day to day management of all the main social media platforms
- Website maintenance experience: CMS (WordPress preferred)
- E-newsletter creation and distribution using databases and email sending systems
- Design skills using Adobe Creative Suite skills e.g. InDesign, Photoshop or Premier Pro and photography and video creation skills
- Writing for web, social and print publications with excellent attention to detail
- Qualification in marketing or communications at degree level or equivalent, or relevant CIM, IDM or DMA certification
You will also:
- Be highly organised and able to work within existing systems and processes (manually and/or electronically) and suggest areas of improvement as appropriate
- Be able to prioritise and schedule tasks, deal with workload conflicts and deliver to standard with exceptional attention to detail
- Have excellent written, verbal and online communications and content creation skills, writing copy for different communications channels and audiences
- Have excellent digital skills, including use of MS Office suite, content management systems, email sending systems, social media platforms and databases
- Be able to work across teams with competing priorities and build effective working relationships internally and externally
We are particularly interested in people from diverse backgrounds who can help us work with, reflect and build our diverse audiences.
We expect the role to be full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements, just let us know.
How to apply
We strongly encourage you to:
- Look carefully at our website and find out about our work and our projects
- Call us to have a chat about this role and with any specific queries you have. Please call Trish de Souza on 07741 153 067 Monday to Friday between 9am -5pm.
When you are ready to make your application, you will need to answer some questions through a web form and upload your CV. These key questions will be your opportunity to show us how you will fit into Locality as an organisation and into the team. Ideally your answers for each question will be around 300 words. If the questions are not answered your application will not be considered.
The application form is quite short, but you will not be able to save your progress. We recommend that you look at the questions in the form, write your answers in a document first, then copy and paste them into the application when you are ready to apply.