We support adults with a learning disability; women and men who experience domestic abuse; youth clubs and school holiday programmes and opportunities for community volunteering. Our team of around 40 staff work with an annual income of £1.2m.
Key skills and qualities for candidates are:
• At least five years’ experience in a senior management role in not-for-profit organisations
• Experience of working with people in complex circumstances involving assessment of risks and opportunities to achieve creative, positive outcomes
• Knowledge of HR practice especially in relation to employment and performance management
• Grasp of charity finance in respect of day-to-day management accounts and financial decision making
• Understanding of Health and Safety regulations as applied to our services and premises
• A successful track record in fundraising from statutory, charitable and individual donor sources
• An understanding of the governance role and tasks of trustees and how managers can help them fulfil their roles.
• Excellent verbal and problem-solving skills to engage a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience of effective social media use for a charity
• Wide-ranging IT skills
• The ability to inspire trust and respect across both internal and external professional, social and cultural groups
• A deep personal commitment to Bede’s vision and purpose
• Knowledge of charitable sector and charity governance
• Proven track record in people management to provide direction and support to a multidisciplinary team
About the role
This is a unique chance for an experienced senior manager from the not-for-profit sector to head our small, high-impact organisation. You will work with people in complex circumstances, and support specialist managers in grasping opportunities and assessing risks.
In addition, you’ll bring a thorough working knowledge of HR, charity finance, fundraising and governance to your role. You’ll draw on all your creativity and energy to achieve maximum success and sustainability.
We look forward to hearing from you – and offering a warm welcome from our lively and appreciative community.
How to apply
To apply, download an application pack from the Bede House website and follow the instructions.