St Nicholas Priory is the oldest building in Exeter dating back to 1087.The two surviving wings are owned and managed by the EHBT.
We received a Resilience Grant from the NHLF to enable us to become a sustainable, resilient, and efficient organisation. From that, we developed a business plan to carry the Trust through to its next phases of development, that of making St Nicholas Priory into a true community hub, using history as a way of creating a sense of civic pride and personal well-being.
Prior the pandemic St. Nicholas Priory was establishing itself as a venue for performance and community events, as well as refreshing the priory’s visitor offer (www.nicholaspriory.com).
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of running successful/challenging social enterprise;
- Proven ability to lead and develop a staff team and volunteer work force;
- Experience of working with Trustees, committees and working groups – Team Player;
- Good level of understanding of essential policies – H and S etc;
- Competent IT skills;
- Evidence of continued professional development.
About the role
With the expansion of the priory’s activities, EHBT now requires a new post to direct operations and strategy.
This strategic post is responsible for:
- Major projects (including NLHF Project management);
- Business and Charity activities of organisation;
- Directly responsible for Business Plan/Business model;
- Oversight of financial management;
- Oversight of commercial management;
- Ensuring excellent communication throughout the organisation;
- Relationships with partner organisations, particularly University of Exeter.
How to apply
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this post, please contact the Trust Secretary, Katharine Chant at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a full CV and a covering letter, including a personal statement outlining your suitability for the post and two references, to email@example.com
Closing date: 3rd July 2021.
Please note that this post is subject to a successful funding application to the National Lottery Heritage Fund, and no appointment will be made until we have permission to start.