You know when you have a problem, an inquiry, or just need to talk there is always someone there to listen, advise, or point you in the right direction.
- Locality member
Sitting at the heart of our organisation you’ll be supporting our Chief Executive, trustees and senior team. It’s fast-paced and you’ll need to use your initiative with lots of opportunities to take on responsibility.
The role is based in our head office in London and will focus on:
- Helping the Chief Executive to be effective by managing his diary and inbox and providing administrative support for the senior management team
- Making sure the governance of the organisation runs well, by managing the administration of the Board of Trustees; preparing papers, taking minutes, and overseeing the AGM each year
- Coordinating regular monitoring and making sure progress reports are on time
- Researching and analysing key topics, and briefing for the CEO and senior managers
- Supporting the engagement team with administration, including helping out with events
The type of experience we are looking for is:
- Executive Assistant or PA work: e.g. diary management, gatekeeping, drafting correspondence, booking accommodation and travel, etc.
- Working with Boards or Committees, including planning meetings, preparing agendas/papers, minute taking, etc.
- Experience of supporting marketing and communications is desirable
You will also need to be:
- Very organised in a busy environment being adaptable and able to juggle competing tasks
- A good communicator, confident with a range of people and able to build good relationships
- Able to write well, edit and collate reports with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office and database skills
We are particularly interested in people from diverse backgrounds who can help us work with, reflect and build our diverse audiences.
We expect the roles to be full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements, just let us know.
How to apply
We strongly encourage you to:
- Look carefully at our website and find out about our work and our projects
- Call us to have a chat about this role and with any specific queries you have. Please call Graham Finegold on 07734 104467
- When you are ready to make your application, you will need to answer some questions through a web form and be ready to upload your CV.
Please note: The application form is quite short, but you will not be able to save your progress. We recommend that you look at the questions in the form, write your answers in a document first, then copy and paste them into the application when you are ready to apply.
Interviews are scheduled for 1 October 2019 in Locality’s head office.
If you have any queries on the application process – please email Sheila on firstname.lastname@example.org