Knowledge and Experience
1. Significant experience of delivering services in diverse urban communities to support vulnerable children and their families.
2. Experience of managing staff delivering family support services including volunteers.
3. Experience and skills in setting up, managing and delivering new projects.
4. Experience of carrying out staff supervision, training and recruitment.
5. Understanding and knowledge of preventative frameworks and approaches for family support services.
6. Experience of liaising with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector services to ensure that the needs of children and families are met holistically.
7. Knowledge and thorough understanding of frameworks and good practice for Integrated Working, Safeguarding and Common Assessment.
8. A sound knowledge of current developments in social care practice affecting children and families.
9. Understanding of equal opportunities issues in social care, and experience of taking action to address these.
10. Experience of implementing a comprehensive system to monitor outputs and outcomes of a social care service.
11. Firm commitment to aims and values of ERC and to equal opportunity in all its aspects.
12. A professional qualification linked to the delivery of family support services e.g. social work, teaching, health, counselling/therapy, youth and community work.
1. To line manage ERC family support workers and co-ordinate work with staff in partner agencies including a Citizens Advice Camden (CAC) Financial Inclusion Worker
2. To supervise the recruitment, training and support of parents acting as Community Connectors supporting other families
3. To ensure that staff activities and services are co-ordinated to meet the outputs and outcomes set by funders.
4. to integrate service delivery with the aims and outcomes of other statutory and non-statutory services to extend the reach of ERC Family Support services and increase business development opportunities.
5. To monitor service delivery against performance indicators through the regular collection and analysis of data. To provide regular monitoring and evaluative reports both externally and internally.
6. To ensure that ERC Family Support Service maintains effective systems to receive referrals including integration with eCAF and Common Assessment Frameworks.
7. To ensure that the Family Support Service receives and responds to complaints and feedback effectively
8. To identify staff training needs and arrange appropriate training and development opportunities within agreed budgets.
9. To organise and maintain regular team meetings and staff support mechanisms
Finance & Fundraising
10. To monitor and maintain project expenditure within agreed budgets.
11. To identify and report any child protection concerns, and work to follow Elfrida Rathbone Camden’s Safeguarding Children Policy
12. To follow all other Elfrida Rathbone Camden policies and procedures including those relating to respect to Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity, and Health & Safety.
How to apply
Special conditions of service: Because of the nature of the post candidates are not entitled to withhold information regarding convictions by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975, as amended, pursuant to Section 4 (4) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Candidates are required to give details of any convictions on their application form and are expected to disclose such information at the appointment interview.
The post holder will sometimes be required to work outside normal hours, including attendance at evening meetings.
Knowledge and experience will be assessed through a candidate’s application form and for those applicants who are shortlisted through interview, a presentation and a written exercise.