Our Mission is ‘changing lives of unemployed, disadvantaged young people and adults through providing opportunities for Employment, Education and Enterprise’. We work with approximately 800 people each year; run 10 different types of projects and contracts, run a Street Market and a new recruitment agency social enterprise focusing on social mobility and diversity.
Are you an experienced, enthusiastic fundraiser with a track record of securing significant funding from various sources?
We need you to use your Fundraising skills to help change disadvantaged young people and adults’ lives!
This is a new position and an exciting time to join the team at Action West London, an energetic, entrepreneurial charity working with marginalised young people and adults – ‘changing lives through access to Employment, Education and Enterprise’’.
The Fundraising Development Manager will be a dynamic and skilled fundraiser, with exceptional bid writing experience, communication skills and the ability to grow and diversify income streams and develop strong relationships with donors, private sector businesses and companies and public sector funders. The postholder will have the ability to plan strategically and decide how best to promote AWL’s work to generate income.
About the role
Some key responsibilities for the successful applicant will be:
- To develop, manage and execute a Fundraising Strategy and timetabled action plan in liaison with the Chief Executive and Board to significantly increase income (Grants/Trusts/Tenders minimum of £200k per annum)
- To increase corporate and individual donations and sponsorship income for Action West London with a focus on securing unrestricted funding (minimum £50k unrestricted per annum)
- To build supportive relationships with businesses and corporates.
- To research fund raising opportunities from Trusts and Foundations and Companies.
- To write funding bid, grant applications and tenders.
we are looking for someone with:
- Significant experience of successful fund-raising for the non-profit / charity/social enterprise sector with a track record of significant income generation.
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Experience of developing budgets as part of fund-raising and proposal development.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and bring new ideas to fundraising for AWL.
- Resourcefulness, ability to solve problems and creative thinking.
Please download the full Job Description and person specification (.docx) for more information.
How to apply
The closing date is 28 February 2021.
Interviews will be held week beginning 8th March.
Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service.
AWL has 24 staff, reflective of West London’s communities, and is committed to and proud of its diversity and inclusion policies and practice – and being a happy and supportive place to work.
Other benefits include 25 days leave + 8 public holidays. Matched pension scheme. Flexi working. Training opportunities. Membership of AWL Management Group.