About the role
This is a three-year post fully funded by the Tudor Trust
The Cardigan Centre is offering an opportunity to apply for the role of General Manager to lead our staff team and work with the board in the regeneration of the Centre.
The Centre is staffed by full time, sessional posts and volunteers and has three sections: Education and Training, Community and Youth and Facilities Letting to community-based groups. The work focuses on an intergenerational approach to health and wellbeing in an inner city area.
Your role will be to:
· make the Centre thrive as a financially stable business
· engage the local community in our activities
· lead and enthuse our hardworking staff team
· work with the Board in developing a strong vision for the future of the Centre
You will be required to demonstrate extensive knowledge, experience and understanding of the issues facing the people living in an area such as ours; a successful record of financial and staff management; and experience of working with a board and delivering performance improvements.
You will have a proven track record of leading teams to deliver project goals and an ability to formulate and implement strategic and operational plans. You will work in partnership with a range of internal and external groups including statutory and non-statutory organisations in the locality and beyond.
You will be based at the Cardigan Centre, 145 Cardigan Road, Leeds LS6 1LJ
We are seeking a General Manager with a strong commitment to community-based services and community involvement. You will be a leader; able to work on your own initiative; a strategic thinker with a commitment to collaborative ways of working; practical with the awareness of the need for sound financial management if the centre is to be sustainable; able to bring together a range of perspectives to care about the lives of people living in difficult situations and circumstances.
The continued success of the charity will depend heavily on the organisational skills of the General Manager and his or her ability to communicate effectively with members of the community, colleagues, partners and trustees.
SKILLS, ABILITY AND EXPERIENCE
• A professional attitude and approach to the management of the organisation, its users and staff. • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. • Confident, self-motivated, creative and able to work under pressure. • Strong team leadership skills with the ability to develop and support all members of the team. • Able to work collaboratively. • Able to draft high-quality funding bids and tenders. • Understanding and experience of developing and scrutinising financial budgets. • Able and willing to work flexible hours when required. • Experience of business development in the voluntary and community sectors.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a range of relevant qualifications. • Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office and Xero (or similar financial accounting software)
• Able to work occasional evenings and weekends and to attend the centre at short notice. • Although some remote working will be feasible, it is anticipated that at least 60% of the post holders weekly working hours will be spent on site at the centre. • Consent for an enhanced DBS disclosure. • Relevant training, mentoring and support will be provided as required.
How to apply
Please go to: cardigancentre.org.uk/vacancies/
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Marian Charlton on 0113 275 6597 or David Nugent on 0113 294 6868.
For further information about applying for the role, please contact Sadia Hussain on Sadia.Hussain@cardigancentre.org.uk
Application packs are available in other formats on request. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and are only interested in your ability to do the job. The role requires a DBS disclosure.
Please return completed application form to:
145 – 149, Cardigan Road,
Tel: 0113 275 9282