Locality is looking for a grant manager for our neighbourhood planning and community-led housing programmes.
This role can be based in the London office or home-based.
You will be someone who takes pride in excellent programme and financial management; who has the confidence and ability to exercise judgement calls and deliver consistent decision-making within a high volume environment.
You may not have worked in the fields of neighbourhood planning or housing, but you must be able to understand and empathise with the issues that often small volunteer-led organisations face and ensure that is reflected in the service you deliver. There are high standards to maintain and build upon in our grant programme management.
The main purpose of this role is managing our grant programmes for both neighbourhood planning and community-led housing and is a very process-driven role requiring the ability to ensure we process a high volume of grant applications to tight contractual timescales.
What the role involves
• Managing the full process of our grant schemes to support groups producing neighbourhood plans and developing community led housing proposals.
• Assessing and overseeing the assessment and decision-making process, involving others, for awarding a high volume of grants (around 1,000 a year).
• Producing financial projections on grant numbers and values based on market intelligence; and preparing reports of actuals against projections with analysis of any variance.
• Maintaining high-performance standards and ensuring we meet contractual obligations; and preparing and discussing key performance indicator reports with our funders, including timescales achieved for grant management processes and the satisfaction ratings of those applying for grants.
• Providing clear and full information about the grant schemes for web and other platforms and a responsive service to ad hoc queries.
• Reviewing our grant management processes regularly in the spirit of continuous improvement, recommending and overseeing the implementation of changes to improve the service to groups and value for money for funders.
The type of experience and skills we are looking for is:
• A track record of successful programme management, preferably grant management or financial control.
• Excellent organisational, administration and project management skills.
• Proven ability to exercise judgement and deliver consistent decision-making within a high volume environment.
• Experience of building effective relationships and working well with external partners, preferably with community organisations and funders.
• Excellent numeracy and budget management skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent responsive and empathetic customer service skills.
We are particularly interested in people from diverse backgrounds who can help us work with, reflect and build our diverse audiences.
We expect the role to be full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements, just let us know. We are open to a job share arrangement.
How to apply
We encourage you to find out more about the role and Locality before applying:
- Find out about our work and our projects by looking through our website.
- Get in touch to have a chat about the role:
Call Helen Williams, Head of neighbourhood planning and housing on 0781 274 0007
Email Carole Reilly, Director of Services at email@example.com
- Download the full job description (.pdf).
When you are ready to make your application, use the button below. You will need to say how you meet the role requirements and be ready to upload your CV.
The application form is quite short, but you will not be able to save your progress. We recommend that you look at the questions in the form, write your answers in a document first, then copy and paste them into the application when you are ready to apply.