The AHF is recruiting an Investment Officer to help with the delivery of its objectives by supporting the work of the Investment Team. With the launch of a new social investment fund in 2019, this is an exciting time to join the Team and we are now looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to support the loans we make and the borrowers who benefit from our investments.
• Able to demonstrate experience across the principal duties of this post, including:
Experience of loan or social investment administration with a financial institution such as a commercial bank or similar, or with a social investor or charity lender or funder;
An understanding of the general principles of lending, risk and risk mitigation, and fundamental forms of security;
Experience of client management or customer liaison in a funding capacity.
• Excellent interpersonal influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
• Experience of analysing and evaluating information from a wide variety of sources and presenting it in an appropriate format to a variety of audiences.
• Numerate with effective written and oral communication.
• Excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise effectively.
• Good IT skills.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and target-orientated.
• A team player.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Knowledge of the charity lending and other social investment sectors.
• Understanding of property and associated contracts, related legal issues and experience of liaising with legal firms.
• Experience of assessing and analysing business plans, annual reports and accounts, cash-flows and project plans.
• Experience of working within a charity or voluntary sector organisation.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the UK’s built heritage and how it can achieve beneficial social outcomes.
About the role
The Investment Officer will act as the primary day-to-day contact for the AHF’s borrowers and enquiries and will maintain and administer the social investment portfolio while supporting the Investment Team to attract good-quality new loans and connections.
Some of the specific duties and responsibilities
Monitoring existing loan arrangements and maintain regular contact with borrowers, checking that repayment schedules and conditions of loans are being observed. To recommend appropriate action when necessary.
Supporting the Investment Team to disburse new loans, with responsibility for ensuring all loan conditions have been satisfied and for the transfer of funds, liaising with professionals such as the AHF’s lawyers, the wider AHF team, and Trustees.
Managing the Know Your Customer (KYC) process for all new and portfolio investments in line with the AHF’s regulatory requirements and Anti-Money Laundering guidelines.
Being responsible for the client monitoring processes including portfolio and social impact reports, providing summaries and recommendations to the Head of Investment. To collate and interpret basic financial information received from borrowers, including P&L and balance sheets, management accounts, cashflow forecasts and other financial statements.
For further details on the role please download the full Job Description(.docx)
You can find more details of the AHF and the impact of our work on our website www.ahfund.org.uk
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this post please send a CV and a covering letter no longer than one side of A4 (by email only) that demonstrates your suitability for the vacancy to email@example.com
Your application should reach us no later than 5 p.m. on 24th January. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Oliver Brodrick-Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7925 0199.
If shortlisted for interview, we will be in touch with you by 31st January. However, due to the volume of applications we anticipate we will be unable to provide feedback if you are not shortlisted.
Interviews will take place in early February.
Commitment to diversity
In accordance with our commitment to promote equality of opportunity and diversity across all of our areas of work, we particularly welcome applications from people from black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, disabled people and younger people, who are currently under-represented within AHF.