We strive to make a real and lasting difference to the quality of life of local people by promoting community cohesion, tackling isolation, encouraging healthier lifestyles and addressing the root causes of poverty.
BCDA is seeking a Consultation Co-ordinator as part of ‘Newham Voices’ which will empower disadvantaged residents in Newham to collaboratively rebuild a better and healthier community as we recover from being one of the worst affected boroughs in the UK by Covid-19.
We are looking for someone with a desire to provide excellent customer service and treat individuals with dignity and respect, with a welcoming, non-judgemental, and relational in approach. They will need to have a willingness to engage in relevant training, a readiness to work within the policies of the BDCA, including Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, and identify with the ethos, aims and values of BDCA.
For the skills and experience requirement please download the full person specification (docx).
About the role
Newham Voices will empower residents in Newham to collaboratively rebuild a better and healthier community. Your main task will be to design, implement, and report back on a series of resident engagements enabling locals to: share their experiences; set their own priorities; envision our community’s future; and help shape the next steps we will take towards achieving it together.
You will do this by:
- Designing and running an online community consultation to gather insights into local needs in order to help shape BDCA’s new five year Strategic Plan.
- Designing and delivering/overseeing the implementation of a series of virtual focus groups and facilitated conversation cafes.
- Gathering and collating data from the survey, focus groups and conversation cafes to build a picture of how COVID-19 has affected our community and the possible longer-term impact, as well as wider community priorities and identified potential solutions.
- Identifying and reporting back recommendations to inform BDCA’s strategic planning.
- Ensuring the findings of Newham Voices are shared widely amongst our community and key local stakeholders, including through organising a ‘Learning from Newham Voices’ event.
- Liaising with external evaluators to ensure the evaluation of the impact of ‘Newham Voices’ and dissemination of findings to charities, councillors, MPs and local authority, encouraging cross-sector collaborative approach to community recovery.
For more details, please download the full job description (docx).
How to apply
Visit our website to find out more about BDCA.
Download the full job description and person specification from our Team page.
Send your CV and covering letter addressing the criteria in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am, 23 September 2020.
Interviews will be the week commencing 5th October 2020.
We value diversity, promote equality, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds