We do this by providing community space, opportunity to connect, information and sign-posting, skills development and community organising through projects that make a difference. We are particularly excited about our arts, community led housing and solar projects at the minute.
- Passion for supporting successful communities and delivering high quality community spaces and services
- Experience of managing a team including supervising, motivating and developing staff and/or volunteers
- Experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet legal requirements and meet high quality standards (for example health and safety, risk management, GDPR, safeguarding)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to engage confidently with stakeholders at all levels using appropriate methods
- The ability to work independently, managing and prioritising own workload and working well under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
Good knowledge of IT including MS office suite, managing website hosting, and other software
- High degree of organisation and ability to prioritise in a dynamic environment
Experience of successful partnership working
- Marketing and Promoting skills
- Willingness to undertake training and a focus on continuous professional development
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Understanding equalities legislation and how to create an environment that celebrates diversity and seeks to end systemic injustice
- Managing projects and contracts
- An asset based approach to community development
- Managing and motivating volunteers
- Managing a building including managing repairs and regular maintenance
- Working or living in Lockleaze or a similar community
monitoring, evaluation and learning within community programmes
- Managing budgets, monitoring spend and achieving vfm
Please download and read the full job description and person specification (PDF) for more information.
About the role
We are looking for an extremely organised individual, with management and team building experience that wants to work for a values driven organisation committed to supporting local residents achieve positive change for themselves and their community.
The Operations Manager will take a lead on managing our buildings, our tenants, oversight of bookings and front of house and develop and grow a supportive and positive staff team and staff culture.
They will ensure the effective use of all Trust resources to ensure the delivery of the Trust’s vision to serve the residents of Lockleaze, have appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure a safe working environment that meets legal and good practice requirements.
The post holder will also provide executive support to the Chief Executive and the Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust Board. An element of this role will be reactive responding to opportunities and situations as they arise.
How to apply
Go to our website to learn more about Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust.
Please complete them and return them to us at email@example.com by 19 August 2020.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and BAME candidates, who are currently under-represented in our organisation.