We are looking for candidates who:
- Work well with others and enjoy a supportive team environment;
- Take pride in delivering excellent customer services;
- Are always looking for ways to do their job better; and
- Can demonstrate a commitment to Harehills and the values of Canopy Housing.
Applicants must have:
- Work experience in a building related trade;
- Work experience in supervising and/or training vulnerable people and/or those with disabilities;
- A full UK/EU driving licence; and
- An enthusiasm for DIY with the ability to undertake physical tasks including lifting and carrying.
You must be comfortable working with computers, as clear record keeping is an important part of the role.
About the role
The job will consist of supervising, training, and working alongside volunteers on project based work renovating derelict properties.
You will lead both street and neighborhood based projects to address homelessness and regenerate communities.
As part of the role, you will be working with private sector tenants and landlords to:
- Advise tenants about their repairing rights and responsibilities;
- Estimate costs with support from the Properties Manager;
- and negotiate fees with landlords/tenants.
How to apply
Alternatively, you can send a printed application form to one of our two offices – the address is on the application form.
The closing date for all applications is noon on Monday 30 September 2019.
For an informal discussion about the posts, please contact Jasmine McNiven on 0113 2177707 or 0113 2946868