We are looking for an experienced professional with extensive administration experience to support our HR and governance requirements.
The role requires the provision of excellent administration and clerical support in a fast paced and complex environment.
We are looking for someone ideally with experience working in human resources, although this is not essential, who is proactive, highly organised and confident working independently in a busy working environment.
About the role
- Coordinate recruitment to include: pre-recruitment – advertising posts, managing the application process, arranging interviews and preparing all paperwork; post recruitment – take up references, lead on new starter set up and associated administration.
- Carry out new and renewal DBS checks for all staff and trustees using an online system.
- Prepare and distribute employment contracts, contract variations and other associated employee correspondence.
- Responsible for our online HR management system – maintaining employee records, uploading documents, creating new users and be the first point of contact for staff queries relating to this.
- Calculate annual leave entitlements and ensure they are updated to reflect changes to working hours and contract end dates.
- Support for formal HR processes such as disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings.
- Support for the employee and volunteer induction process to include arranging the Corporate Induction events, coordinating mandatory training and ensuring all induction records are updated and stored correctly.
- Coordinate and administer employee and volunteer training and development. This will include maintaining a calendar system for all refresher training, booking staff on courses where required, arranging venues and logistics keeping training records updated.
- Use IT systems to create HR monitoring and performance reports using data gathering and analysis skills.
- Maintain the Corporate Calendar to include key Cellar Trust staff and volunteer events, meetings, training and governance dates.
- Ensure that all HR records are kept in accordance with GDPR our internal data protection processes.
- Help to establish and improve current HR systems and processes.
- Administration support for the Board of Trustees to include: supporting Board recruitment, induction and training; carrying out DBS checks; creating and updating trustee records and other associated tasks.
- Coordinate and arrange meeting dates.
- Help to prepare and distribute papers and take minutes for the Board of Trustee Meetings (approx. 3 evening meetings per year) plus other meetings as required.
- Administrative support for the AGM – coordinate dates, venue and other logistics. Help to prepare and distribute invites and papers and take minutes.
- Maintain Companies House and Charities Commission online records to include adding and removing directors and trustees in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Board of Trustee records and paperwork is up to date and kept in accordance with GDPR and our internal data protection processes.
- Undertake other general governance administration support where needed.
How to apply
Please go to The Cellar Trust jobs page to find the full role brief and the application form.
Note that CVs will not be accepted and applicants must use the Experience section of the application form to state how they meet all of the essential criteria in the person specification.