- The capacity to inspire and motivate others
- Strong communication skills
- A flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work
- Opportunistic and entrepreneurial
- Ability to be ‘hands-on’ and strategic, whilst working with limited resources
- Proven business acumen with a solid approach to assessing risk and the viability of different options
- Understanding of accounting practices and cash flow forecasts
- Strong knowledge of IT systems and their application to business development
- Understanding of different company structures and governance
- Be able to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to represent the company, and develop relationships in a professional manner
- Effective time management
- Prioritise and manage workloads
- Commitment to Giroscope’s values and equal opportunities
- Demonstrate and respond to the diverse requirements and needs of individuals
- To encourage individuals to value diversity and challenge behaviour which undermines the ethos of equality.
About the role
Community Led Local Development (CLLD) supports people that are of working age (16 years or older), unemployed or inactive in the labour market living in West Hull and Central, East Hull, North Hull and Orchard Park and Bransholme areas, to overcome their barriers to work as well as support for local and community businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs from those same areas too.
Giroscope Limited is looking for a motivated individual committed to developing enterprise and employment opportunities in West Hull as part of our Neighbourhood Regeneration work.
The Social & Local Enterprise Coordinator will provide support and advice to new and small businesses, and social enterprises across the more deprived areas of the City of Hull. This will include organisational support for the management of co-working or more traditional business workspaces, organisational reviews and sustainability plans, and design advice around future growth strategies.
You will have the support of colleagues who will share your skill, enthusiasm and motivation. Your work may be challenging, but always stimulating and rewarding. We would especially like to hear from you if you already have experience of working in a similar role.
How to apply
Visit our Vacancies page on our website.
Download the full Job Description and Person Specification(.PDF).