Giroscope is looking for a motivated individual to work with young people in Hull. You will be working on the ‘Secure Futures’ project and will spend much of your time working out of the Vulcan Learning Centre who are our partners in this project.
Secure Futures is a project which works with 16 – 25 year olds who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness. It works with young people on a three-stage programme, using sports as a tool for personal development and change. It also provides housing support and training.
- A passion for supporting young people
- A passion for sport and willing to participate in sports sessions
- A good knowledge of the agencies available to provide support to young/vulnerable people
- Good communication skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Ability to represent the company, and develop relationships in a professional manner
- Effective time management
- Prioritise and manage workloads
- Appropriate DBS checks and Safeguarding Certification
- Commitment to Vulcan and Giroscope’s values and equal opportunities
- Demonstrate and respond to the diverse requirements and needs of individuals
- To encourage individuals to value diversity and challenge behaviour which undermines the ethos of equality.
- Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
About the role
Secure Futures is looking for a motivated individual committed to working with young people who often have complex and challenging backgrounds. We are looking for someone with a passion for youth work and who can work with our young people to overcome barriers into; housing; sports; and employment or training. You will have the support of colleagues who share your skill, enthusiasm and motivation. Your work may be challenging, but always diverse and rewarding.
The role of the Youth Support Worker is to work with the Project Manager to ensure that the project is managed and administered effectively. You will work closely with staff within both organisations to provide help and support for our existing beneficiaries, prospective beneficiaries and other people that approach the organisation.
If you are professional and caring with a desire to support young people and to develop your skills, we would like to hear from you. We would especially like to hear from you if you already have relevant qualifications or experience of working in a similar role.
How to apply
Visit our Vacancies page on our website.
Download the full Job Description and Person Specification(.docx).