The team is responsible for supporting our member network and makes sure that we are responding to the needs and aspirations of members.
We are a busy team working hard to support members and create a better operating environment for community organisations so they can be strong and successful. Operating the member advice service, we are the first port of call for all our members for expert advice and guidance.
Our typical team activity includes:
- Engaging members through specialist networks – from Governance and HR, to Coastal Communities
- Running the Knowledge and Skills Exchange programme
- Connecting members to the right advice, tools and resources
- Running the membership survey and demonstrating our impact as a network
- Working with key government departments such as Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government to shape policy.
- Working with local authorities to improve policy and practice, including through the Keep it Local network
- Public affairs work – including submissions to parliamentary inquiries and engagement with MPs
- Developing action-research projects with members to influence policy – on issues such as localism and community power, to local economic resilience
- Developing national research to support major campaigns – such as the Save our Spaces campaign
- Making sure our policy work has high impact through external events, communications and press opportunities.