- Locality Convention ’21 is organised by Locality company limited by guarantee, registered in England no. 2787912 and a registered charity no. 1036460.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality and we understand that you are entitled to know that your personal data will not be used for any unintended purpose and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our data protection policy can be found at locality.org.uk/privacy-policy.
- Your name, title, organisation, and region will be displayed on a delegate badge, listed on the Locality website and visible on our Convention digital platform for the purpose of encouraging networking among delegates.
- We work with EE Solutions to produce the convention. We may need to pass your information to them but this will only be used for the purpose of producing Locality Convention ’21 and will not be passed on to any other party. We only work with trusted third parties to produce Convention ’21.
- Delegates are responsible for their own insurance. Locality is not liable for loss, liability, or damage to personal property.
- If you are booking on behalf of other delegates, ticket buyers are responsible for ensuring all delegates in their party know the terms and conditions, and by attending the Convention they agree to them.
- You must provide Locality with the names, titles and organisation of all the delegates under your booking by 1 November 2021.
- Virtual tickets and In-person tickets are not interchangeable.
- In-person tickets give access to the full event: our online plenary session and workshops on 16 November, as well as all the in-person sessions (plenary sessions, networking and fringe sessions, wellbeing sessions, meals, one visit to a community organisation etc), and Awards ceremony and reception in Birmingham on 17 and 18 November.
- Virtual tickets give access to our online plenary session and workshops on 16 November, streamed plenary sessions and online-only content (on-demand videos and virtual visits, online networking, and more) on 17 and 18 November.
- Virtual ticket holders are responsible for making sure they have the right equipment, software and internet connection to take part. No refunds will be given for delegates’ technical issues. Full technical requirements for the online platform can be found at: docs.crowdcomms.com/books/platform-docs/page/device-compatibility-and-browser-requirements.
- Some Locality membership packages get a free ticket and/or a discount on Convention tickets. If your organisation joins or upgrades to Essentials, Membership Plus or Partner Locality membership within two weeks of registration, we’ll apply the ticket discount as a reduction in your first year’s membership fee. If you want to be a member please email email@example.com.
- Any delegate name changes or substitution can be made up to 8 November 2021. They must be from the same organisation. You must notify firstname.lastname@example.org of the change in writing.
- Streamed and online content will be available to delegates via the digital platform until 18 May 2022.
- You may not resell or share access links to the digital platform.
Equality and diversity statement
- Locality is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusivity. We will use our best endeavour so that the venue and materials are accessible, and we have a range of speakers from diverse backgrounds. If you have any needs e.g. BLS interpreter, loop system we ask for this information on the booking form. If your needs change, please contact email@example.com.
- Carers or personal assistants’ tickets are free. If you require one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment must be received within 10 working days from receipt of invoice as indicated in the invoice terms. Bookings made less than 10 days prior to the event should be settled in full before the event to attend.
- Entry to the Locality Convention ’21 will not be permitted without full prior payment.
- Ticket prices include 20% VAT.
- Delegates who don’t attend still have to pay 100% of the fees (unless in line with our COVID-19 refund and cancellation terms below 25-30).
Accommodation and travel
- Delegates are responsible for booking their own travel and accommodation.
- Please note that accommodation is not included in the delegate fee and we can’t be held accountable or liable for cancelled accommodation. Information on nearby accommodation is available at locality.org.uk/convention-21-2/local-information-Birmingham.
- Please note that travel is not included in the delegate fee, and we can’t be held accountable or liable for delayed, suspended or cancelled transport.
- Should you need to cancel your booking, the following charges apply:
- Cancellation by 5 October 2021: no charge, full refund,
- Cancellation from 6 October 2021 to 19 October 2021: 50% of the ticket price will be refunded,
- Cancellation after 19 October 2021 or failure to attend: no refund (unless the cancellation meets the COVID-19 cancellation conditions 28 – 30).
- To request a refund in accordance with the above you must notify us in writing by email to email@example.com.
- We might need to change the delivery method of the Convention to online or change advertised speakers as a result of things beyond our control e.g. war, pandemics, epidemics, floods, fires etc. We can do this at any time. We will give you as much warning as we can.
- If Convention moves to an online event only, we have no liability for delegate accommodation, travel and expense. If due to restrictions, we can only deliver an online event, you might be offered a virtual ticket (at a reduced cost) or a refund.
- Locality will use our best endeavours to create a safe environment for delegates, speakers, Locality and venue staff. As such we may need to implement a series of safety measures.
- All delegates must follow covid safety entry requirements as set by Locality, the venue and the UK government. Failure to do so means we could remove you from the event. We will aim to tell you the measures required in fair time and when we know them. These could include evidence of a negative covid test, proof of double vaccinations etc.
- Regardless of vaccination status, anyone with symptoms within 14 days of the event, or who has been told to self-isolate, or received a positive COVID-19 test etc. should not attend. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be offered to substitute a delegate from the same organisation or a virtual ticket (at reduced cost) or be offered a refund.
- We hope to deliver a safe in-person event but due to changing nature of pandemic and government restrictions we might need to:
- Reduce in-person delegate numbers. In which case you might be asked to volunteer for a virtual ticket (at a reduced cost) or refund. If not enough delegate volunteers for online transfer, in-person tickets will be prioritised by the situation at the time e.g. by proximity to the venue to minimise risk to delegate travelling and spreading infection between geographical areas or other prioritisation methods.
- If due to restrictions, we can only deliver an online event, you might be offered a virtual ticket (a reduced cost) or a refund.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the content and timing of the programme, speakers or venue at any time.
- Delegates must book breakout sessions (workshops and visits) by 1 November or you may not be able to attend them.
- Any opinion expressed by speakers or delegates are their own and are not on behalf of Locality.
Press and publicity
- By booking, you agree we can promote your attendance via social media, on our website and on our delegate list.
- We will be filming, taking photos and screenshots throughout Convention. These will be used for marketing purposes by Locality. By booking, you agree for us to capture and use these. If you don’t want to be filmed or photographed email email@example.com. All videos and imagery produce are under Locality’s copyright.
- All materials produced and workshop handouts are copyright to Locality or the breakout speakers.
- All food at Locality Convention ’21 will be vegetarian. We know there are different theories about what the most sustainable diet is, but we believe that for our internal and external events the simplest, most impactful way is to go vegetarian.
- We are creating an event app as an alternative to printed programmes to reduce paper usage. No printed programmes will be available.
- Delegates are encouraged to bring their own bag and stationery. We’re also reducing the amount of stationery and merchandise we bring.
Locality Annual General Meeting
The Locality Annual General Meeting will take place online on Tuesday 16 November. You do not need to attend Locality Convention ‘21 to attend the AGM. Only members who are eligible as company members are entitled to vote i.e. they hold membership in the Essentials or Membership Plus packages. Any member of Locality (Network, Essentials, Membership Plus, Partner and Partner Plus) is eligible to attend the AGM.
Possible COVID-19 safety measures
We want to create a safe environment for everyone attending Locality Convention ’21 in person. We will work with the venue and monitor government guidelines to ensure we are following up-to-date best practices. These measures might include as appropriate:
- Only registered delegates are permitted at the event
- Fresh air air-conditioning system
- One-way system to ensure social distancing
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Larger registration and catering areas
- Time slots for attendees for queue-free entry (if required)
- More seating is available so delegates can space themselves out in plenaries and workshops
- Enable a no-contact policy (avoid shaking hands) or a system to help delegates control the contact they have with other delegates, exhibitors etc.
- Public health messaging will be displayed at the event and shared beforehand with all attendees
- Exhibitors to send promotional materials electronically
- Mask wearing indoors apart from when eating and drinking or in a private room (e.g. your hotel room).