Our aims are, through procurement, to deliver better buildings and homes that enhance local communities. Our focus on delivering community benefit is evident in our frameworks and in the Community Benefit Fund we initiated to support social impact schemes.
Who are LHC?
LHC brings buyers and suppliers together to build and maintain public property more efficiently and cost-effectively and to benefit the local community in the process.
As a not-for-profit organisation, any surpluses generated from LHC’s activity are returned to its members, who are Local Authorities. The Community Benefit Fund for London and the South East forms part of that commitment.
Funding Priorities for 2021/22
This year’s LHC Community Benefit Fund is operating in eight local authority areas: Brent, Hackney, Haringey, Hillingdon, Islington, Lambeth, Enfield and Buckinghamshire.
Projects funded in 2021/22 will need to demonstrate a positive impact on one or more of the following:
- Outcomes for young people
- Health inequalities or social prescribing
- Jobs and skills: Increased participation for underrepresented groups
How is the Fund distributed?
We work closely with the LHC Members who have a well-developed knowledge of communities in their areas and experience of investing in various ways. The Fund aims to add value to those resources by working with a project champion within each LHC member organisation.
1. Where there is a well-developed system of grant-making, we work alongside that.
2. Where members prefer to identify and champion projects, we will support that process through a transparent assessment process.
Once grants are awarded, Locality continues to work with the projects.
For more information contact LHCFund@locality.org.uk