Over the past two weeks, Locality has been working with NCVO, ACEVO and others to make the case for a swift, substantial and simple package of government support for community organisations.
Help us with campaigning and providing the evidence to help Government understand that investing in the sector and preventing our collapse is essential. We need to provide evidence of the size, scale and impact of our sector’s challenges.
Contact your MP
Support this campaign by sharing the Locality MP briefing with your local MP. This briefing content is being updated regularly as the picture changes.
Ask your MP to support these key asks:
- An emergency grant package to support VCSE organisations with cash-flow to continue delivery during this crisis;
- Clearer guidance on how the Job Retention Scheme could support charities seeking to keep services going through this crisis;
- Confirmation that charities should be eligible for similar business interruption measures announced by the chancellor for businesses.
Join the #EveryDayCounts campaign on Twitter
- Join the #EveryDayCounts campaign on Twitter
- Has your MP signed this letter asking for government support for charities? If not retweet and tag your MP asking them to support.
- Share your stories using the #EveryDayCounts hashtag, including:
- what you are doing to support in response to the COVID19 crisis (through existing services and/or additional activity you have taken on),
- highlight any increases in your activities as a result of the crisis,
- highlight any capacity or financial squeezes where you can,
- tag the charities Minister @dianabarran on Twitter and thank her for all she is doing to fight for charities,
- tag the Chancellor @rishisunak on Twitter and highlight the need for financial support,
- tag local media outlets/journalists you are connected to.